Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hello Twenty

“ Being in a young age is a challenge to improve the quality of life, and later, the world “
( Hendro Prasetyo )

31st of May 2011, I officially leaving my teenage and welcoming my young age.  Thank God for the chance to live until this age, Thanks for Mom and Dad, for growing me up, and for the love and caring.

And since now I’m 20, I guess I have to think and act more mature than the last 19 years I’ve had. But it doesn’t mean loosing my teenage spirit, and childhood imagination. If I have to take something from my past, than those two things would be in the top list.

Several years ago, In this 31st of May, I always imagined myself alone, sitting at the corner of my bedroom, with the lights turned off, carrying a cake and a candle on it, singing ‘happy birthday to me’ then blowing the candle at the end. I would think I was very lucky that time to have even a single friend saying happy birthday to me.

But things are getting better and better every years, and today is the best so far, I woke up at about 9 am, and having 3 friends of mine, singing happy birthday for me, and brought me a plate of cookies with a candle on it. It’s kind of fun for me to have that kind of thing in my birthday. So thank a lot guys!  

But later, I thought, “wow I’m 20 already!” I looked myself at the mirror, and wondering how do I look many years ago. So I took an album containing all the certificates I’ve got, and take a look at all the photographs on it. And these are what I see







It was fun to see how I changed this dramatically but I never realized it’s process every time I saw my face at the mirror this last 19 years.

And when I was looking at these pictures, I also looked at my report, and I found some interesting notes from my teachers.





Those three notes, reminds me of how bad I was when i was a kid. The first notes, is the notes from my kindergarten report book. I don’t exactly remember of what I’ve done so I got that notes. But whatever it is, I guess it’s bad and I did that quite a lot.

Well, clock is ticking, time changes, and so do people. I might be bad when I was a kid, I might be “unstable” when I was in mid teenage. But today, I’m a 20 years old man. I guess I wont do that kind of thing again, I’ll do better. I’ll learn from all the faults I’ve done in my past, and try to not do it again starts from today.

I’m Hendro Prasetyo, I’m a twenty 20 years old man, I’ll be a good youngster, I’ll try to improve the quality of my life, and I’ll be more careful. Hahaha!


4 comments:

  1. I'm going on 20, too. Your post is quite inspiring me. When lots of people worry about getting older the moment they step into 20th year of their life, you put a pinch of spirit and keep going on. That's superbly cool. And I gotta admit this, you could have been a lot better scriptwriter than me. You go, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do we have to be afraid ? every years has it's own challenge. we just have to go trough it, and enjoy it for most.

    well, i think you can do better, and i enjoy being a director more.

    thankyou anyway. for reading this, for your thought, and for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 20?

    aaah so young!!!

    :)

    enjoy your life yaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. yap! first year of young age.
    of course i will !

    thankyou anyway
    for visiting and giving a comment.

    ReplyDelete