Sunday, January 29, 2012

Internship Program #1


Ahh, it’s been a week since I did my internship program at PT. Birano , or at its full name Biro arsitektur Ahmad Noe’man. Who is that ? where is it ? it must be the question that comes to our mind when we hear that name. Well, at least that came to mine.  Ahmad Noe’man is actually one of Indonesian’s legendary architect.  He has done some beautiful buildings, especially for Mosque, in Indonesia and some other countries. The most known Mosque he designed is Masjid Salman at ITB Bandung, but to me, the greatest Mosque he designed is Masjid Raya Batam, at Batam.


Mr. Achmad Noe'man

Salman Mosque Interior
Great Mosque of Batam
So, how come I came to this place called Birano? Well, it’s been quite a journey since I finally had my internship program here. I actually planned an propose first to do it in PT.Urbane Indonesia. But, I don’t know, it’s been quite a long time and they’re still hang me with no respond. And so, my father recommended me to have my Internship program at PT. Birano, since there is one of my neighbor who worked there which turned out to be the Head of PT. Birano branch office in Jakarta.

But things were not turned that easily, since my neighbor were out of town when my father went to meet him. So the day after, my father recommended me another firm named PT.Grahacipta Hadiprana. A great Architecture firm which is also part of Top 50 Indonesian's best Architect. And so, I contacted that place and they asked me to send my proposal, portfolio and other necessary things by email to their head of architecture division named Mrs.Mesalina. As they asked to me, I sent my proposal, a letter from university, and of course my Portfolio.

4 days later, Mrs. Mesalina replied my email, and said they are happy to accept me to have an intership program at Grahacipta Hadiprana, but they have a regulation that requires a student to have at least 6 months of intership program. Yeah! A good thing comes with a great sacrifice. Concerning the plan of my life, the chance and everything, I replied the email with a request to postpone my internship program there till the next semester. And again Mrs. Mesalina replied my email with a very welcoming respond that they will happy to have me the next semester. 

From Urbane, to Birano, then Grahacipta Hadiprana, I finally finished at Birano. And at 20th of January 2012, I had my working orientation there. I came to their office at about 9 am. Surprisingly, their office made me felt sad even more than my last office at Global Rancang Selaras. And even more surprising, they showed me some of their works, and I surprisingly didn’t understand almost everything since the things they showed me is a complete DED drawings. Trust me, you wouldn’t want to know what it is.

I felt quite disappointed and depressed of what I’m going to do in my internship program. But thank God, Tuesday at my first day of internship program, as I requested to the Head of this Branch Office of Birano, which is also my neighbor that I wanted to be included in the process of designing and handling the project, my first job is to create a design alternative for a Mosque in the area of UPI (unit pengelolaan ikan) in Muara Angke, Jakarta. He even gave me a chance to meet the client directly. But I stupidly missed it because of being late about 5 minutes on the day I should go.

Ahh, since I talked about this internship program, I guess it’s not yet complete without sharing my works there. So here it is, the design alternative that I create (which is rejected already) !


The Exterior

The Interior

I believe the exterior design is not that special. But I really like the photoshop works.And I love my “Langit Permen Karet” thing. It’s okay that the exterior is not that good, but I worked quite hard for the interior. I thing, why shouldn’t we share our room with the beauty of the nature. So I designed the room with so much openings. But still, with some massive solid wall to create more “khusyu” atmosphere.

So that’s what I’ve done in my first week of internship. While most of my friends did that DED thing, I luckily had a chance to do this. So, for those who don’t want to do that DED thing and want to be included in the process of designing. Be dare to ask to any of people in charge there. Ask for what you want politely. And they will understand and respect it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment